Wednesday 5 June 2013

2013 Reading Challenge: Book 12 - Love Letters

First of all, I would like to explain my long absence.  I have been attempting to read 'Pride and Prejudice'.  I felt that at the grand old age of 33, I should read a 'classic' as I have never read one.  A month and a bit down the line and I am still only 30% into the book!  So, after some recommendations from my friends on the best version, I ended up watching the 1995 tv series to see whether or not I should continue with the book.  I watched all six episodes in one night and the outcome of which is that I can see the attraction to the book and I would like to finish it eventually, but I will be reading other books in between.

So, here we are with book number 12:


Love LettersLove Letters by Katie Fforde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book and was hooked. That was until the end. I thought that the ending was very flat and boring in comparison with the rest of the book.

The story was quite predictable and a typical 'chick lit' type book. Girl meets boy, girl falls in love with boy but doesn't think he likes her, girl gets boy, boy messes up, girl is heartbroken, boy gets girl back, girl & boy live happily ever after.

All in all, it was a good read, however I would have liked for the character of Dermott to have kept his rough, rugged image at the end.

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment