Sunday 30 June 2013

2013 Reading Challenge: Book 14 - Carrie

Since reading my last book, I have joined a local book club through a friend.  This book was my first read for the book club and I am looking forward to the next one.  I am hoping that through the book club I will get to read some books that I wouldn't normally pick up.


CarrieCarrie by Stephen King
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was surprised by this book. Being a Stephen King, I was expecting it to be very scary. I haven't watched the movie for the same reason, so I didn't know what the story was.

I did enjoy the book and loved the lead up to the main event. I liked how you were thrown straight into the story and through the excerpts you kinda got the gist of what was to come. The prom night scene was well done as well, but some of the aftermath spoilt the book for me. I didn't like the scene with Sue and Carrie at the end of the book and felt that it was unnecessary.

All in all though, it was a good book and I would recommend it.

View all my reviews

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment