Sunday 15 June 2014

2014 Reading Challenge: Book 14 - Sweet Tempation

Sweet TemptationSweet Temptation by Lucy Diamond
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a heartwarming story about three women, Maddies, Jess & Lauren who meet each other through their common goal to loose weight. Meeting at the local 'fatbusters' class, the three women form a close bond and end up supporting each other throughout life's ups and downs.

As a larger lady myself, and one who attends a weekly 'fat club', I love how truthful this is. My first thought when Maddie, Lauren or Jess described themselves was that these girls (or more so the author) haven't got a clue what being really big is, but as I continued to read, I realised that it doesn't matter if your a size 14 or a size 24, your insecurities about your weight and body are the same.

As I mainly read during my commute on the bus, I have had to stop reading a couple of times as I was getting emotional, especially through Maddie's story. I loved Jess's story as well and how confident she became as a person, not just through the weight loss, but from the support of the others.

I would recommend this to any women, whether they are dieting or not, as it's such a lovely story. Having lost 2 stone over the last 6 months, I am also going to take the advise of Alison, the fatbusters instructor and go out and get myself that charm bracelet (or rather necklace in my case)! ;-)

View all my reviews

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment