Tuesday 24 June 2014

2014 Reading Challenge: Book 15 - Watermelon

Watermelon (Walsh Family, #1)Watermelon by Marian Keyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. I have read Marian Keyes books before a long while ago and I had forgotten the subtle humor that she has.

I loved how honest Claire's narrative is and even that she seemed to go off on a tangent. I really liked how the story started and the pace of it was ok, but at times it felt a bit waffley. I felt like I really knew the characters and at times, I felt like shaking Claire and telling her to get a grip.

I was glad that she got a happy ever after, although I thought this was a bit rushed compared to the rest of the book.
All in all though, a thoroughly enjoyable book and I will most certainly pick out another 'Walsh family' book again.

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment