Wednesday 16 March 2016

2016 Reading Challenge: Books 4 & 5 - Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess

As I have read these two in quick succession, I felt it was only fair to review them together.

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Why I chose this book: With the release of Lady Midnight coming up, I really wanted to finish The Infernal Devices series.
Genre: Fiction
Date Started: 22/02/2016  Date Finished: 07/03/2016
Would I Recommend this Book: Yes, I would say it is suitable for girls and boys from teens upwards.  For anyone who enjoys The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices, this is a must read.

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Why I chose this book: After reading Clockwork Prince, I needed to read this one!
Genre: Fiction
Date Started: 11/03/2016  Date Finished: 15/03/2016
Would I Recommend this Book: Yes, definitely, for the same reasons as above!

My Review
I loved, loved, loved these two books.  As you know, I don't like to put spoilers in my reviews, so for that reason, I will have to keep this short and sweet!  I am also going to be reviewing both these books as a whole, rather than breaking them down.

It's been quite a few months since I read Clockwork Angel, so my memory of it was a little rusty.  Within the first couple of chapters I managed to catch up though, so the break didn't hold me back.

I love Cassie Clare's writing and I love how she develops all her characters, not just the main ones.  It would be so easy for her to focus on the main three, Tessa, Jem and Will, but she draws us in with the others.  I especially loved the character of Sophie outside of our main three.

Some people may be sad with Tessa's initial choice of fiance in Clockwork Prince, but I think the way it played out in Clockwork Princess really added to the emotions of the story.  I was heartbroken for the last few chapters and most especially the epilogue in Clockwork Princess.

Whilst it's not all fighting, the action in this book is not lacking.  There is just the right balance between love story and action.

I really hope this isn't the last we see of Tessa.  I'm really hoping she might pop up in The Dark Artifices series.  I am also very tempted to buy The Bane Chronicles to find out more about Magnus.  I loved Magnus in these two books, especially Clockwork Princess.  I thought it really added to his character and gave us more of an insight to his (slightly) younger self.

In summary, if your a fan of The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices or even the Shadowhunters TV show, then you will love this series.

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment