Wednesday 23 July 2014

2014 Reading Challenge: Book 16 - The Judas Scar

The Judas ScarThe Judas Scar by Amanda Jennings
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. It was sent to me as part of the Britmums book club and from the cover, I wasn't quite sure what type of book it would be.

I really liked the characters Will and Harmony and although I did like Lukes character, I would have liked to of known more about his adult life, although I'm thinking that keeping him a mystery is part of the suspense of the book.

The theme of bullying running through the book is something that most people can relate to, and as someone who was bullied at school, I think it was done well, especially in how it highlights the effect on your adult life.

I found this to be a well written book, which kept the mystery for most of the book. Quite often with these types of books, it is pretty transparent, but this one had plenty of surprises along the way.

A fantastic read and great for book clubs as there is plenty of discussions that could be had from it.

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment