Saturday 2 January 2016

New Year.......New Reading Challenge

Well hello there!  It's been a while, hasn't it!  As you can see from my Goodreads profile, although I have been absent from here, I have still done plenty of reading.

Today I stumbled across a post on Facebook of Modern Mrs Darcy's 2016 Reading Challenge and have decided that I am going to join in on this challenge.  As such, I thought this would be a good time to refresh my blog and start posting reviews again.

via Modern Mrs Darcy 

I will update with which books I have chosen for each of the challenges.

Since I last posted, I have since starting working as a Library Assistant in a local Secondary School, so part of my aims for this year is to read more books suitable for the age range of 11-18 year olds.  That's not to say I will be abandoning the more adult 'chick lit' books, just adding in some books aimed at a younger audience.

For the sixth year, I will be taking part in Goodreads Reading Challenge.  My aim this years is to read at least 24 books.  I figured that equates to 2 a month, which sounds like a doable aim.  Last year my aim was to read 15 books, with the thoughts being that I would try more tricky books.  I smashed the reading target by reading 20 books during 2015, however, not so many were as tricky as I thought they might have been, so kinda failed in reading more challenging books.  Hopefully the above challenge will help with that for this year.

Lastly, I thought I would share with you my Year in Books for 2015, courtesy of Goodreads:


No comments:

Post a Comment