Monday 6 January 2014

2014 Reading Challenge: Book 2 - The Chrysalids

The ChrysalidsThe Chrysalids by John Wyndham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a book club read for me, so not something I would normally pick up. After reading the description, I didn't think that I would like this book, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. I really enjoyed reading this and found it easy to read.

The story was really interesting and a unique picture of how the world might be in the future. It was only after it was pointed out at book club the probable reason for why the country is the way it is in the book that I really understood and appreciated it.

I did find the ending a little disappointing. I'm not quite sure what I want for the ending, but I wasn't expecting it to end the way it did.

All in all though, it was an enjoyable read and if you enjoy books of this genre, then I would recommend it.

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment