Monday 6 January 2014

2014 Reading Challenge: Book 3 - Release Me

Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)Release Me by J. Kenner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was a recommendation as I a fan of FSoG and Bared to You. I did enjoy the story, but was also quite disappointed in it. I don't know if it's just overkill, but I wanted something different to the typical 'damaged billionaire with major control issues'. If these books are anything to go by, I would be thinking that any super rich young, sexy billionaire has is a hugely damaged, controlling stalker when he finds a women he is interested in (who is also messed up in her own way). I'm going to be honest, I'm getting bored of this stereotype.

What I do like in this book is that Damien does show his softer side a bit more than the leading man in the other 2 books mentioned above. In fact, I would love to read a story of a nice, super sexy millionaire who is 'normal' and hot in bed, but hey ho, you can't always get what you want! I also like that on the whole, Nikki knows her own mind and isn't afraid (for the most part) to stand up for it. There were times when I felt that it was stupidly unrealistic, but then most of these types of books are.

The ending was pretty transparent and obvious. In fact, I would say the whole book is to be honest. On the whole though, it was a quick and easy read and there were enough good bits for me to like it, but I certainly don't love it.

Would I read the other 2 books of the trilogy? Probably. Will I go out and buy them straight away because I can't wait to carry it on? No.

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment