Sunday 26 January 2014

2014 Reading Challenge: Book 5 - Necessary Lies

Necessary LiesNecessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a touching story about newbie social worker Jane and two of the families that she works with. The story is set in the 1950's-60's in rural America. The story alternates between Jane and one of her young clients Ivy. I really enjoyed reading this from both sides of the story.

I thought that the book was well written and it was a heartwrenching story. I wasn't aware of the eugenics programme before reading this book and it is heartbreaking to know that this story was based on thousands of real life stories like this.

I would recommend this book to anyone to read, but be warned, I read the last three/four chapters in tears!

Jackie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment